Heat pumps should be maintained properly to ensure it lasts for a long time while performing its job at its highest capacity. If you are wondering about the ideal times to start servicing your heat pump, we suggest you service your heat pump yearly after the second year with a qualified professional. For people who live in areas that contain a high level of pollution and contaminants, you might need to service your heat pump more often. Heat Pumps NOW have qualified technicians that provide heat pump servicing.
- When it comes to cheap heat pump servicing, it is done by an all-around handyman which means he knows his way around heating and cooling systems but doesn’t fully understand the components of the machine because he is not as skilled. When it comes to having comprehensive servicing, you’re choosing a person who understands all the components and functions of the heat pump and can identify issues early and prevent them from becoming bigger issues that will cost you more.
- Cheap heat pump servicing focuses on general cleaning of the inside of the heat pump without identifying potential problems and even in situations where they identify these problems, they may not have the necessary parts to replace them. This will cost you more than getting professional and comprehensive servicing because you might have to outsource someone to get the job done.
- Cheap service can affect the warranty system of your heat pump when they replace components inside the heat pump with ingenuine parts.
Benefits Of Comprehensive Heat Pump Servicing
The following things are what a comprehensive servicing should involve:
- A completely clean and disinfection of system coils.
- Current draw check of compressor motors.
- Checking of the refrigerant charge.
- Systematic check and cleaning of evaporative surfaces and drain lines.
- Replacement of filters if required.
- Proper grilles return and placement to ensure there is no blockage.
- Ensuring that plants and other vegetation are trimmed and away from the outdoor unit.
- A routine check on fan blades, controls, filters, electrical connections, grills, and bearings.
If you are looking for quality and comprehensive heat pump servicing in Christchurch, give us a call. Heat Pumps NOW specialize in installing residential heating and cooling systems and also provide heat pump repair and maintenance.