Lots of illnesses are caused by condensation and mould. When inhaled or on contact with your skin, some mould and mildew can cause allergic reactions, skin irritations, trouble breathing or asthma attacks. Small children and elderly people are even more susceptible. In fact, poor health conditions are directly linked to cold, damp living situations in Christchurch. So what can we do?
Home Heating Solutions For Christchurch
1. Fixed heat pumps are best for large rooms. Heat pumps have lower running costs and better heat output compared to plug-in electric panel, element or fan heaters.
2. Dump those portable gas heaters! They are expensive to run, plus the harmful emissions can also impact your health.
3. Do temperatures fall to freezing points where you live? If the answer is yes, you may want to consider a Mitsubishi Hypercore heat pump. Its heating performance rate will stay the same, right down to -15 degrees Celsius.
Energywise recommends heat pumps for New Zealand homes. They’re cost efficient and produce instant heat that can be adjusted at the push of a button. Just see how the cost of running a heat pump compares to other heating devices.
Choosing a Heat Pump
Another tip – make sure the heat pump is the right size for the room you want to heat. If the heat pump is too small, it will cost you much more to run it and it won’t give you the desired results for the temperature you want. That’s why we offer free, on-site consultations prior to installation. We want to make sure you get the best advice, and a heat pump that will do the job you want it too.
Using Heat Pumps Efficiently
1. Don’t wait for forever for your room to heat up! Use the timer so your heat pump is on a little before you arrive home.
2. Make sure doors and curtains are closed to keep the heat inside.
3. Regularly clean the filters.
For more advice on heating your home and a quality heat pump recommendation, contact the team at Heat Pumps NOW for your free on-site consultation and quote. Give us a call today on 03 377 7393.